What My Mom Taught Me

Monday, May 30, 2011

Mom and I
The month of May is all about moms. In my case not only because of Mother's Day, but it's also my mom's birthday month. As a special gift to my mom, I wanted to devote my May blog post to her, and share what she's taught me.

My mom had a rough childhood with many trials and tribulations. She had to grow up fast. When people go through what she did it's easy to continue the cycle, but my mom decided, at an early age, that she was going to be different. Thanks to an intense bond with her sister and street smarts she made it through those early days. When she became a mother she had a chance to be the mom she always wanted. Now, as a mom myself, I look back fondly on my childhood memories realizing how much work she put into us kids and how lucky we were to have her growing up.

If there's one thing my mom taught me, it's that family is everything. My three sisters and I still depend on my mom for a lot, whether it's helping out with our kids, listening to our problems or going shopping with us. She is always there for us and never says no. We have not only a great mom, but also a great friend, and for that we are eternally grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Subscribe to Bending Design's monthly e-newsletter.

Visit bendingdesign.com to learn more about us and to view recent projects.

My Photo
Name:

Sharon is the President/Creative Director of Bending Design, a strategic design firm that partners with associations and financial services companies.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]